The Philadelphia Phillies (5-6) will oppose the Chicago Cubs (6-4)
tonight at 7:05pm for the second game of a three game series. Cole
Hamels (1-1 1.20) will toe the rubber for the Phillies while Ted Lilly
(0-1 9.72) takes the mound for the Cubs.
The Phillies won 5-3 last night behind a strong pitching performance by
Brett Myers and the .400 hitting Pat Burrell. The Phillies hope to
reach the .500 mark with a win today. Jimmy Rollins hopes to be back in
the line up today but is day to day with an ankle sprain.
Other quick hits:
- Since opening day the Phillies bullpen has a 2.30 ERA and opponents are hitting.182 against them.
- Hamels was 2-0 with a 1.80 ERA against the Cubs last year. He is 2-1 4.24 ERA for his career.
- Pat Burrell has a career .308 average with 11 homeruns against the Cubs.
- The Phillies have won 12 of the last 17 games they have played against the Cubs.
4/13 vs. Cubs TBA vs. Jamie Moyer (1-0 4.66) 7:05pm CW
4/14 Day off
Check out our new home page.
Pat Burrell knows it is a contract year and wants to return to the
Philies. He continued to make his case for his worth tonight as he hit
his fourth homerun of the season and a double scoring twice and
knocking in three runs. He is now batting a cool .400. The Phillies
offense had 10 hits including 2 by Shane Victorino and 2 from Greg
Brett Myers rebounded from two poor starts and pitched 8 innings giving
up 3 solo homeruns. Other than the homeruns Myers was brilliant as he
earned his first win. Brad Lidge closed the door on the Cubs and earned
The rain held off until after the game but the hope is that the cooler
air coming in will not cool off the Phillies bats. The Phillies are
still without shortstop Jimmy Rollins who will hopefully return
tomorrow. Hopefully his return will propel a winning streak and the
Phillies can end an April with a winning record!
The Philadelphia Phillies (4-6) will take on the Chicago Cubs (6-3) at
Citizens Bank Park this weekend. Tonights game with match up Brett
Myers against Carlos Zambrano. Myers has had two rough outings so far
in 2008 but hopes to turn his season around tonight. Jimmy Rollins is
still day to day with a sprained ankle. The team is optimistic he will
be in the line up tonight.
The Phillies are on a two game losing streak after losing again to the
New York Mets last night in extra innings. Jose Reyes scored on a play
where it was questionable call.
Other quick hits:
- Pedro Feliz hit his first homerun as a Phillie in yesterdays game vs. the Mets.
- The Cubs have a five game winning streak coming into the game tonight.
- Zambrano is 3-2 with a 2.79 ERA in six career starts against the Phils.
- The Phillies were 4-3 against the Cubs in 2007.
- The Cubs need 1 win to have 1,200 against the Phillies. The Phillies are 1,073-1,199 lifetime against the lovable losers.
- The Phillies are 8-4 lifetime against the Cubs at Citizens Bank Park.
Saturday: Phillies (Cole Hamels, 1-1, 1.20) vs. Cubs (Ted Lilly, 0-1, 9.72), 7:05pm
Sunday: Phillies (Jamie Moyer, 1-0, 4.66) vs. Cubs (Jason Marquis, 0-0, 6.75), 1:35pm