to check out our homepage My Team Rivals
and our Phillies,
Billy Penn Curse,
Reinstate Pete Rose,
Phillies Mets Rivalry,
Rivalry, and Phillies Braves
check out our Discussion forums!
All these years I thought that Mets was
short for Metropolitans. I met a Yankees fan at Fenway Park
last night that set me straight. Mets actually stands for “My
Entire Team Sucks”. Now it all makes
The Philadelphia Phillies will again take on the New York Mets today at
Shea stadium for the second on a three game series. Kyle Kendrick will
take the hill for the Phillies while the Mets counter with Mike
The Phillies had another comeback win yesterday as the Mets bullpen
imploded giving up five runs in the seventh and eighth innings. Jimmy
Rollins sprained his ankle but was not limping after the game and says
he is ok.
Other quick hits:
- Chase Utley set a franchise record and tied a major league record for being hit by a pitch 3 times.
- The Phillies won their only home opener at Shea Stadium yesterday and went 1-7. Steve Carlton started 4 of the the 7 losses.
- Pat Burrell leads all active players in homeruns against the Mets with 41.
- Geoff Jenkins has 4 homeruns in his last 10 games against the Mets.
- The Phillies are 420-364 life time against the Mets.
4/10 at NY Eaton vs. Maine 7:10pm
4/11 vs. ChC TBA vs. Myers 7:05pm
4/12 vs. ChC TBA vs. Hamels 7:05pm
4/13 vs. ChC TBA vs. Moyer 1:35pm
4/14 off day