I have added a new photo album to the page. Click here to check it out. I understand the Phillies fans clubs and everyone having their favorite players, but this one I do not understand.
For our latest post click here!
For all of our posts click here!
The New York Mets and Florida Marlins were slaughtered. The Atlanta
Braves also lost. The Phillies had every opportunity to end April in
first place in the National League East. Unfortunately, the baseball
gods had other plan for the Phightin’ Phils. Jamie Moyer, on Jamie
Moyer bobble head night, was not sharp and although he battled, did not
make it through six innings and was charged with all 4 San Diego Padres
It was a cold night at the park and the Phillies bats were just not
working. They could not put anything together other than the two run
homerun that Chase Utley hit. I am still thawing out myself although it
would have been much easier to do had the Phillies won.
Chase Utley waiting for the pitch he hit out of the park.
I really thought the Phillies would pull out the win tonight and
take control of the NL East. It would have been poetic considering the
past few Aprils. Still, the Phillies are in sole possession of second
place, only 1/2 game out of first place. Looking back at April, that is
a miracle. I am excited for May as the team usually plays better when
the weather heats up and we know the team will be better once Jimmy
Rollins makes his return.
For our most recent post click here!
For all of our posts click here: http://myteamrivals.typepad.com/phightin_phils_phorum
For the latest Phillies Mets rivalry click here: http://myteamrivals.typepad.com/turnpike_series
The Philadelphia Phillies (14-12) will oppose the San Diego Padres
(10-16) at Citizens Bank Park for a three game series. Game one
features a great pitching match up as Cole Hamels (2-3 2.75) faces Greg
Maddux (2-1 3.66).
4/30 vs. SDP Chris Young (1-2 3.77) vs. Jamie Moyer (1-1 4.05) 7:05pm CN8
5/1 vs. SDP Randy Wolf (2-1 3.68) vs. Adam Eaton (0-0 5.08) 7:05pm CSN
The Phillies are returning from a great road trip where they went
5-2 against the Rockies, Brewers, and Pirates. Shane Victorino returned
to the roster this series and Jimmy Rollins is scheduled to return on
5/5. T.J. Bohn was optioned to Lehigh Valley.
Other Quick Hits:
- If the Phillies can win the next two games, it will match their total in wins that they had in April of 1993.
- Phillies pinch hitters lead the league in batting at .302 and homeruns with 3.
- Jamie Moyer is 7-6 with a 4.42 ERA lifetime against the Padres.
- The Phillies bullpen has the lowest ERA in the NL at 2.60.
- Tom Gordon is 4-1 with 1 save and a 2.08 ERA against the Padres.
- Ryan Howard is hitting .460 with 5 homeruns against San Diego.
- So Taguchi (.366), Chase Utley (.376) and Shane Victorino (.300) all have career .300 averages against the Padres.
- The Phillies are 221-189 against the Padres.
- They are 110-82 in Philadelphia with a 7-5 record at Citizens Bank Park.
5/2 vs. SFG Patrick Misch (0-0 3.00) vs. Kyle Kendrick (2-2 5.13) 7:05pm CSN
5/3 vs. SFG Matt Cain (1-2 4.41) vs. Brett Myers (2-2 5.11) 7:05pm CW
5/4 vs. SFG Tim Lincecum (4-0 1.23) vs. Cole Hamels 1:35pm CW